The Blue Economy VREs services are provided in the context of Horizon 2020 BlueBRIDGE project.
The Blue Economy VRE services are operated on D4Science infrastructure, which offers virtualized computation, storage, network, data and software resources and is jointly operated by several BlueBRIDGE consortium members.
The Blue Economy VRE services are powered by gCube software which is, in its majority, Free and Open Source Software available separately. Other non-Free or Open Source Software may be operated in the context of the Blue Economy VREs.
The Blue Economy VREs have been produced with the funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the BlueBRIDGE project (Grant agreement No 675680).
The content of the Blue Economy VREs is the sole responsibility of the Consortium partners and cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission.
All software, services, data and information hosted within or provided by Blue Economy VRE are considered research work in progress.
. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability¶
Software, services, data and information accessible through the Blue Economy VREs are provided on an "**as is**", "**as available**" and “**on best effort**” basis. The BlueBRIDGE Consortium acts in order to ensure, but does not guarantee, the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information provided on the Blue Economy VREs tools and services.
The BlueBRIDGE Consortium reserves the right to alter, limit or discontinue any part of the provided services or tools at its discretion.
Under no circumstances shall the BlueBRIDGE Consortium be held liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered that is claimed to result from the use of software, services, information and data produced, or delivered on this VRE, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay.
The information is provided on the basis that users accessing the Blue Economy services and tools assume responsibility for assessing their relevance, accuracy and suitability for application. By using those, VRE users comprehend and accept that those are result of “work in progress” and thus potential mistakes, errors or miscalculations could emerge at any point, despite the efforts performed by the providers of the services.
The BlueBRIDGE Consortium shall not be held responsible of the data uploaded and hosted by the infrastructure, neither their content nor their rights. The BlueBRIDGE Consortium will not be responsible of any issue regulating intellectual property rights infringement or illegal use of user's data.
. Rights and Obligations¶
By accessing the Blue Economy VREs services you (the user) shall be deemed to accept these rights and obligations:
- You may use the VRE Workspace to store, retrieve, query, serve, and execute content that is owned, licensed or lawfully obtained by you.
- You may ask for support and further information to appointed VRE supporting individuals. While VRE Owner requests are handled at priority, no guarantees are provided by the BlueBRIDGE consortium on issue resolution or the timeframe that this may be achieved.
- You may not, and under any circumstances, use the provided VRE services and tools in other purpose than the one that access has been granted for and the purpose those has been implemented for.
- You may not take any action that may prohibit or disrupt the operation of the VRE or the infrastructure as a whole and you are requested to indicate when this may occur unintentionally by your actions.
- In case you decide to share data/information with other Users on the D4Science Infrastructure, you remain responsible for any “misusage” of the data by other Users.
- At any time, you may decide to unregister your data. All requests are immediately accepted and operated by the BlueBRIDGE project within a reasonable amount of time.
- The D4Science Infrastructure will not otherwise move or distribute your data for any purpose, except when required to do so by law.
- If the D4Science Infrastructure reasonably believes any of the Content violates the law, infringes or misappropriates the rights of any third party, you will be notified and may request that such content be removed from the Workspace or access to it be disabled. If you do not remove or disable access to the Prohibited Content within ONE business day of our notice, the D4Science.org infrastructure manager may remove or disable access to the Prohibited Content or suspend its access.
- The BlueBRIDGE project will make reasonable efforts to ensure that data is preserved. In the event of hardware or software failures caused by failures to a hard drive or power supply, the BlueBRIDGE project will make reasonable attempts to restore your data. No guarantee whatsoever is provided on the success of your data recovery.
- The BlueBRIDGE project shall make reasonable efforts to insure the privacy and confidentiality of your data.
- You cannot in any circumstance and for any use redistribute the data other users share with you or copies thereof, lend and rent those data or copies thereof, sub-license rights in the data or copies thereof.
- In the case that you obtain data that not belong to your VRE, you should stop immediately any access or use of them and inform the BlueBRIDGE project and VRE Manager.
- You should provide the test data (datasets) before and during the development of the VRE related services.
- You are responsible for evaluating VRE services and providing detailed feedback so as to assist improving the related services at various stages of their development.
- By accessing the VRE services you automatically permit the use of appropriate data you provide to the BlueBRIDGE project for the purposes of development global or large scale statistical models for performance analysis and benchmarking.
- In case of intention of publication of scientific results or other experience based on BlueBRIDGE offerings (VRE data, tools and services), you shall (a) make every effort to avoid disclosing confidential or sensitive information regarding project’s work, plans and status, (b) make sure that you include sufficient attribution to the project (as specified in attribution guidelines) and (c) request the approval of the BlueBRIDGE Consortium before submission for publication.
- The BlueBRIDGE Consortium shall request the approval of the VRE owner (Aquaculture SMEs) for utilizing their data or experience on the infrastructure so as to publish the research results in scientific journals and make announcements on the conferences.
- You own the information you provide to the D4Science Infrastructure under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant D4Science Infrastructure a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, and use in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you explicitly share, directly or indirectly to D4Science Infrastructure, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques or data to the services without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss as noted in the sections of this Agreement.
The data and information made available through the Blue Economy VREs are intended to be accessed by authorized users. Each published set of data is associated to a copyright license and a copyright holder may be assigned to it. Unless otherwise specified, data provided by VRE owners are owned by the VRE owner and secured under VRE owner’s access.
Uploading data or software on Blue Economy VREs does not assume transfer of ownership of any intellectual property rights to the BlueBRIDGE Consortium.
Resulting global or large scale statistical models built on top of VRE provided data are under the copyright of VRE Service Provider.
Software provided behind the services of Blue Economy VRE follows individual providers copyright.
. User Agreement¶