|Status:||Closed||Start date:||Feb 10, 2017|
|Assignee:||Gerasimos Antzoulatos||% Done:|
Can you please provide a list of environmental factors that could affect aquaculture performance. These factors will be used in order to determine similarity between areas.
This can be an ongoing process but we would like to have some initial results in the near future so as to start searching for geospatial data corresponding to these factors.
#1 Updated by Gerasimos Antzoulatos over 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- File Effects of temperature on growth and metabolism in a Mediterranean population of European sea bass, Dicentrarchus labrax J. Person-Le Ruyet 2004 j.aquaculture 237.2004.04.021.pdf added
- File Effects of temperature and body weight on growth rate and feed conversion ratio in turbot.pdf added
- File The interaction of temperature and salinity on growth and food conversion in juvenile turbot.pdf added
- File The Effects of Salinity, Temperature and Feed Ratio on Growth Performance of European Sea Bass.pdf added
- File The effect of temperature and fish size on growth, feed intake, food conversion efficiency and stomach evacuation rate of Atlantic salmon post-smolts.pdf added
- File EFFECTS OF SALINITY AND TEMPERATURE ON THE GROWTH, SURVIVAL, WHOLE Body.pdf added
According to the literature the environmental factors that affect the fish growth and the productivity in aquaculture among the others are:
- Water Temperature
The following list contains scientific/research works regarding to this topic:
- Dowling, D. C., & Wiley, M. J. (1986). The effect of Dissolved Oxygen, Temperature and Low Stream Flow on Fishes: A Literature Review. Illinois Natural History Survey.
- Ercan, E., Ağralı, N., & Tarkan, A. (2015). The Effects of Salinity, Temperature and Feed Ratio on Growth Performance of European Sea Bass (Dicentrarchus labrax L., 1758) in the Water Obtained Through Reverse Osmosis System and a Natural River. Zoological Society of Pakistan, 625-633.
- Handeland, S. O., Imsland, A. K., & Stefansson, S. O. (2008). The effect of temperature and fish size on growth, feed intake, food conversion efficiency and stomach evacuation rate of Atlantic salmon post-smolts. Aquaculture, 36-42.
- Imsland, A. K., Foss, A., Gunnarsson, S., Berntssen, M. H., FitzGerald, R., Bonga, S. W., et al. (2001). The interaction of temperature and salinity on growth and food conversion in juvenile turbot (Scophthalmus maximus). Aquaculture, 353–367.
- Mallya, Y. J. (2007). The effects of dissolved oxygen on fish growth in aquaculture. Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism Tanzania, Kingolwira National Fish Farming Centre, Fisheries Division. UNU-Fisheries Training Programme: 16-17.
- Ostrowski, A. D. (2009). Effects Of Salinity And Temperature On The Growth, Survival, Whole Body Osmolality, Stress Resistence, And Mrna Expression Of Na+/K+ - Atpase In Red Porgy Larvae, Pagrus Pagrus. University of North Carolina Wilmington, Center for Marine Science.
- Person-Le Ruyet, J., Mahe, K., Le Bayon, N., & Le Delliou, H. (2004). Effects of temperature on growth and metabolism in a Mediterranean population of European sea bass, Dicentrarchus labrax. Aquaculture, 269-280.
#8 Updated by Gerasimos Antzoulatos about 2 years ago
Useful link for environmental parameters: http://www.fondriest.com/environmental-measurements/parameters/water-quality/dissolved-oxygen/#1
Useful link for Currents: http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/tutorial_currents/welcome.html