Project Deliverable #701
D10.1 : BlueBRIDGE Resources Federation Facilities 
|Priority:||Normal||Due date:||May 31, 2016|
|Assignee:||Leonardo Candela||% Done:|
|Dissemination Level:||PU||Editor:||Paolo Fabriani|
|Lead beneficiary:||3 - ENG||Reviewer:||Yannis Marketakis|
This deliverable documents the various releases and versions of the BlueBRIDGE facilities for Infrastructures integration and federated resources management. Two versions will be delivered reporting links to the open-source software, its documentation for developers and system administrators, and the how-to exploit it in optimal and suboptimal use cases.
#7 Updated by Gabriele Giammatteo over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Sent to Reviewer
@firstname.lastname@example.org, the document and wiki page of the deliverable are ready. Few of the inner pages are still under validation (see #4103), but since the deadline is approaching, my suggestion, if your are fine with that, is to start the review of what is ready and complete it once the remaining pages are validated.
Please find the deliverable here: https://goo.gl/0KeX5a
#10 Updated by Yannis Marketakis over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Under Revision to Reviewed
The deliverable D10.1 documents the current status in terms of the various releases and versions of the BlueBRIDGE facilities for infrastructures and federated resources management. I found that the contents of the deliverable (the wiki pages) are complete and fulfil the requirements of D10.1 since they report adequately the components with more information/links to developers and administrators and describe potential exploitation use cases. Furthermore they report links to the software (both binary artifacts and source code).
Therefore I approve the deliverable, with some minor corrections (mostly lexical updates, some changes in figures and other minor revisions) that are described below.
- In the second paragraph of the deliverable (https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities) the provided facilities are categorized into (a) integrating computing infra facilities, (b) integrating data infra facilities, and (c) facilities for federated resources management. This categorization is sound (it also follows the corresponding tasks), however the specific components are described afterwards without any indication of the category they fall into. This becomes clear later in the deliverable (when the components are described in detail).
- Whenever some terminology is being used try to use it in a similar manner everywhere; i.e. in https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities use “IaaS” everywhere (in some cases it is “IaaS” and in others “IAAS”)
- In https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities#gCube-Authorization-Framework add a citation/reference for OASIS XACML. The same citation/reference should be added in https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Authorization_Framework
- In https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities#Data-Transfer-Facilities
- change “… a reliable data transfer mechanisms …” with “… a reliable data transfer mechanism …”
- change “The support for the data sources are implemented …” with “The support for the data sources is implemented …”
- In https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities#Facilities-for-Integrating-Data-Infrastructure-Resources
- change “… is capable of interface with…” with “… is capable of interfacing with …”
- change “They includes …” with “They include …”
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Biodiversity_Access#Design the names of the components in the figure with title “Biodiversity Access Subsystem Architecture” are different from the names of the components described immediately above the figure. This is also true for the rest of the figures in the wiki page.
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Environmental_Service the links for MyOcean and THREDDS are dead links.
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Geospatial_Data_Visualization there is a dead link for GeoServer. Furthermore it would be good to add a short description (one sentence) for the Tiff uploader Procedure (under Subsystems)
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Gis_Viewer change “... by set their transparencies …” with “… by setting their transparencies …”
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/FHNManager_Installation#Authentication change “If any certificates is provided, no…” with “If no certificates are provided, no…”
- In https://gcube.wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/FHNManager_portlet#Conceptual_Model
- change “… uses these technology …” with “… uses these technologies …”
- change “… gather information …” with “gathers information …”
- change “… modify it through …” with “… modifies it through …”
- change “… sharing information…” with “…shares information…”
- In https://gcube.wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/FHNManager_portlet#Technology report the actual version of the portlet that uses the corresponding version of the third party apps.
- In https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Accounting_Lib#Library change “… The library has been tough to …”
#13 Updated by Yannis Marketakis over 3 years ago
I confirm that the proposed changes have been made and the deliverable is ready for submission.
Minor comment: I updated the reference for OASIS XACML @ https://support.d4science.org/projects/bluebridge/wiki/D101_BlueBRIDGE_Resources_Federation_Facilities#gCube-Authorization-Framework. Please check that it is OK.
#20 Updated by Leonardo Candela over 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
- Status changed from Mgmt Body Approval to Closed
Deliverable just submitted via the PP with the following comment
The deliverable is of type "other". It is implemented by a Wiki and produced on time. Delay is accumulated in preparing the accompanying document and submitting it. This delay is not causing any major issue to the project activities.
Submitted version is available at https://goo.gl/v2Ou2x