Project Task #656
Project WP #654: WP6 - Supporting Blue Economy: VREs Development [Months: 1-30]
T6.2 Strategic Investment analysis and Scientific Planning/Alerting VRE [Months: 1-30]
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||Oct 01, 2015|
|Priority:||Urgent||Due date:||Feb 28, 2018|
|Assignee:||Dimitris Katris||% Done:|
|Lead beneficiary:||4 - UOA||Participants:||10 - I2S, 11 - CITE, 4 - UOA, 5 - FAO|
Task Leader: UOA; Participants: FAO, CITE, I2S
It aims to satisfy the need for intelligent identification of locations of interest under an open-ended set of criteria, as required by both investors seeking optimization of intended investments and by scientists seeking areas that are becoming of environmental importance. Building on the products of T6.1 as well as other VREs offerings (services, models and datasets) and extending those with techniques of computational intelligence, more algorithms / indicators / datasets, the VRE delivers a cutting edge geospatial multi-factor optimization and alerting platform, of unprecedented value for tool for scientists and the aqua-farming industry and vast opportunities for inter-disciplinary exploitation beyond its definition. In detail, the activities of the task capture:
• Analysis of the detailed requirements of the VRE stakeholders and planning for its implementation;
• Identification of new candidate indicators optimization targets;
• Identification of more data sets / data sources for supplying its models and algorithms with required inputs, and bringing those onto the infrastructure;
• Delivery of tools by extending and revising existing platforms so that those align to infrastructure offerings and policies and user needs.
In particular, the following components will be developed and integrated:
• A collaborative working environment that hosts models, indicators, data and the optimization services;
• An extendible, open, geospatial analysis and optimization system (cost/benefit optimization system);
• An alerting tool that allows VRE users to be notified on situations of interest.
The following Resources will be integrated and reused in order to provide the required capacity:
• Aquafarming (e.g. IRR, NPV, Enon FCR, Bio FCR, GPD, etc) and socio-economic (IRR, NPV) performance indicators;
• A generic geo-spatial “local minima/maxima” identification algorithm based on simulated annealing or other probabilistic search methods;
• Open access data sets such as environmental, oceanographic, etc. and anonymized enterprise performance data provided by the aquatic farms involved in the cases;
• Dataset harmonization tools (alignment of geo-referencing and taxonomical identification, applying common reference systems for dataset metrics etc.);
• Models / indicators provided by other VREs of the Infrastructure, e.g. wild fishing species sizing and projection, species distribution (Blue Knowledge), human activity indicators (Blue Environment).
#6 Updated by Gerasimos Farantatos about 4 years ago
September 2015 Activity Report¶
During this month, all UOA, CITE and I2S devoted time in order to prepare for the Kick off meeting of 14-17/9, during which the objectives of the task, and of the Blue Economy pillar in general, were presented.
After the Kick off meeting UOA and CITE was in contact with I2S, in order to assist in the latter's familiarization with the I-marine gateway and the procedures to be followed.
In preparation for a scheduled face-to-face meeting between the three partners, existing software was evaluated by both UOA and CITE and an initial survey of the technologies to be used and on datasets to be exploited was performed by CITE.
#7 Updated by George Kakaletris almost 4 years ago
October 2015 Activity Report¶
During M02 partners worked in the following areas:
- Elicitation of preliminary requirements for the services of the VRE
- Conceptualization of the operation of the VRE and early design of the services that will meet the computational challenges of the VRE
- Analysis of areas of intersection with the infrastructure so that the VRE can effectively consume infrastructure resources and possibly contribute to its core enhancement.
- Deployment of initial resources for VRE development experimentation.
Details can be located on dedicated wiki page Wiki