|Status:||Closed||Start date:||Feb 02, 2016|
|Priority:||Normal||Due date:||Jul 20, 2016|
|Assignee:||Massimiliano Assante||% Done:|
as a follow up to the discussions we had last week during the TCom, we would like some existing services to be part of the Stock Assessment VRE (as schown in the attached screenshot reusing the biodiversity lab VRE example):
- "processing tools" service giving only access to some experiments of interest for our VRE (ICCAT VPA, knitr...)
- "visualization tools" which will be used to display reports or plots generated within the VRE (using shiny or not)
- "search service" once we will generate documents to discover and keep tracks of what will be produced.
Let me know if this is the proper way (or not) to request services for an existing VRE.
have a good day
#4 Updated by Massimiliano Assante almost 4 years ago
Thanks Julien, we slightly modified the ticket type moving it to the Tracker VRE. As for the requirements:
- processing tools: can be achieved if you provide us with the list of algorithms the Statistical Manager needs to be equipped with;
- visualisation tools: will be added later, as soon as we will have the functionality to display reports or plots generated within the VRE;
- search services: will be added later, as soon as we will have the functionality to generate such documents.
As soon as we have the list of algorithms we will start working on the processing tools.
#5 Updated by Julien Barde almost 4 years ago
ok thanks, this is a good start.
Let's first display these two processes:
- Iccat VPA: org.gcube.dataanalysis.wps.statisticalmanager.synchserver.mappedclasses.generators.ICCAT_VPA
- knitr Compilation: I couldn't find the WPS identifier (I am lost with the different VRE for WPS and related tokens)
Once we know how to deploy processes by ourselves we will ask for additionnal processes to be part of the VRE.
#7 Updated by Massimiliano Assante almost 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
The statistical Manager service has been added to the StockAssessment VRE, equipped with stock assessment and vessels algorithms to the StockAssessment VRE, as reported in #2125 Knitr was released in gCube 3.10 and will be available by end of this week. The Tabular Data Manager service is being deployed and should be available by the end of this afternoon.
#9 Updated by Julien Barde almost 4 years ago
Dear Massimiliana and Gianpaolo,
I think that it might be useful to get an item "Rstudio" within the stock assessment VRE (in addition to other items in the above menu) to execute R processes with related VRE datasets.
I know that RStudio is already part of the tabular manager but I imagine that it would be more straightforward and obvious for users to get a direct access from the home page of the VRE.
It might be used to test or customize some of the R codes already deployed and used by the "Statistical Manager" (which, by the way, I would prefer to be named "Processing Tools" as done in the BiodiversityLab) but it might be as well a good way to test and validate the execution of some processes that we would like to deploy within the "Algorithm Importer" which is just next door.
How does it work when if we want to populate the "Statistical Manager" with additional processes that we have been testing on the VRE ? Should we ask you with a ticket like this ?