Project Task #11287
Project WP #641: WP5 - Supporting Blue Assessment: VREs Development [Months: 1-30]
|Status:||Closed||Start date:||Feb 22, 2018|
|Assignee:||Emmanuel Blondel||% Done:|
|Lead beneficiary:||5 - FAO||Participants:||11 - CITE, 5 - FAO|
As agreed with @email@example.com this spatial shapefile will correspond to the intersect of WECAFC region with EEZs. Possibly 2 shapefiles will be provided: 1 conserving EEZ native boundaries (even if extend beyond the strict WECAFC region boundaries), 1 cutting EEZ native boundaries.
Additional shapefiles may be shared later if they need to be uploaded into Postgres/Postgis
For integration the command
shp2pgsql can be used Here some hints how to use it: http://suite.opengeo.org/docs/latest/dataadmin/pgGettingStarted/shp2pgsql.html
#2 Updated by Emmanuel Blondel over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- File eez_overlap_strict.zip added
- File eez_overlap.zip added
- File eez_intersect.zip added
- Participants 11 - CITE added
Dear @firstname.lastname@example.org see attached 3 zipped shapefiles I would need to have imported in the DB. They are 3 different because they are variant that I will possibly have to handle for mapping purpose. Thanks in advance for uploading them (with the same names as the shapefiles). In case of issue, let me know
#3 Updated by Kostas Kakaletris over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
I uploaded the shape files.
I had the following issue with encoding.
Unable to convert data value to UTF-8 (iconv reports "Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character"). Current encoding is "UTF-8". Try "LATIN1" (Western European), or one of the values described at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/multibyte.html.
I used the -W "latin1" parameter and seems to worked. I added the three shapefiles and the tables are :
Tested the read only and user can execute select statement on them.
#4 Updated by Emmanuel Blondel over 1 year ago
Thank you for your support. I'm not suprised you had to do this, ESRI shapefile is not handling well UTF-8 (behind the scene fields attribute data is in DBase format!...), and given special characters (the case here probably), we sometimes have to go through Latin-1 encoding at DB level when importing shapes.
For a complete feedback and closing the ticket, I will need to wait a bit that I try the configuration of these GIS resources through geoserver (see related ticket), hopefully soon as the components are yet under deployment by CNR.
#5 Updated by Emmanuel Blondel over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
I've tested retrieval of the above layers through R and they are well configured. As highlighted in #11216, i need a JNDI config set-up on the databases (pre-production & prod), so I can connect Geoserver to them.