Task #10089

Task #10201: Uber-jar-adoption

uber-jar-assembly plugin

Added by Fabio Sinibaldi about 2 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:Oct 27, 2017
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Gabriele Giammatteo% Done:

100%

Category:tools
Sprint:zz - Uber-jar assembly
Milestones:
Duration:

Description

In order to avoid issues caused by the use of jar-with-dependency plugin, which creates an unshaded uber-jar, a new assembly plugin has been prepared as in provided xml file.

Please evaluate if some further adjustments are needed and then publish it in one of our repository so that it can be shared among projects and maintained in a single point.

A working example of its use can be found under http://svn.research-infrastructures.eu/public/d4science/gcube/trunk/data-transfer/sis-geotk-plugin@157651

uber-jar-assembly.xml Magnifier - Uber-jar assembly descriptor. First draft. (562 Bytes) Fabio Sinibaldi, Oct 27, 2017 12:30 PM

History

#1 Updated by Gabriele Giammatteo about 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 80
  • Status changed from New to In Progress

I added your descriptor in the shared-assemblies component so they will be visible from all components. I also updated the maven-parent adding a common configuration to build uber jars. Before announcing this to all developers, can you please test if it works with your component replacing your assmbly plugin configuration with:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>make-uberjar</id>
            <phase>install</phase>
        </execution>
        <execution>
            <id>make-servicearchive</id>
            <phase>install</phase>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>

and verify that the uberjar is built correctly? (try to clean your local repository if it does not work the first time)

In addition, this new configuration should also build the servicearchive using a common configuration I included in the maven-parent. Please check that also the servicearchive is built correctly

#2 Updated by Gabriele Giammatteo about 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 80 to 100
  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

The solution seems to work. I updated the wiki with the instructions to use this new artifact type [1]. Let me know if further actions are required before closing the activity.

[1] https://wiki.gcube-system.org/gcube/Developing_gCube_Maven_Components#Artifact_Types

#3 Updated by Luca Frosini about 2 years ago

I seems working for me too

#4 Updated by Fabio Sinibaldi about 2 years ago

  • Parent task set to #10201

The plugin seems working, you can close the activity. We can reopen it if an issue is found.
I'm linking this task to related others.

#5 Updated by Gabriele Giammatteo about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF